Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Pickleville Philosophy

Usually written by Jim Stone, The Pickleville Philosopher

Hi, my name is Oak, sometimes known as Poko.

I’ve been watching my friend Jim play on his new phone. He had an old flip phone. He never played on that phone. Then he dropped that phone in Bear Lake.

He was determined to get it back. It was in 6 feet of water on the bottom of the lake and me and my brother Spruce were wishing that he would not get the old flip phone back.  We are a lot younger than Jim.  We are not full millennials but a new generation and that old phone embarrassed us.

But yup, Jim finally hooked his old flip phone and reeled it up from the bottom of Bear Lake, Utah.

Me and Spruce weren’t so happy.

But the phone wouldn’t work and as you guys all know, when you lose your phone it’s kinda a panic attack. A big panic attack!

Well, finally we all got a new phone that can do so many cool things. I’m kinda the brains in the family and now we have a phone that takes pictures.

Jim locked me and Spruce in the truck because he doesn’t want us running around close to a road or highway because we might get hurt, or even worse, not be able to play on our new high tech phone.

The phone was on the seat.

So I stole his phone. 

He takes selfies all the time and posts them on Facebook. He thinks he’s pretty cool, but me and my brother are way cooler than he is.

The problem is me and Spruce don’t have a phone that takes pictures.  So when he left to go look for whatever he was looking for me and Spruce weren’t invited ...way not cool .. I grabbed his phone and selfie, selfie and selfie.

My wild brother, Spruce the wild child, who is a big show-off just grabbed a big stick and was showing off for the camera that he knew I had. We wanted to make our own post on Facebook so here we are!  A selfie of me, Poko.

Well, I’m gonna sign off.   I’m about to lose what really isn’t my phone. 

No comments: