Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Cisco Sonar - Bryce Neilson


A new phase of Cisco's Sonar has started.  I am happy that Bobbie has taken on the responsibility of producing the Rich Civic Times Online.  I am sure it will be a daunting task but there always seems to be something going on in this County.


I was flattered that she asked me to write Cisco's Sonar every two weeks.  I plan to structure it so there are not as many words and more pictures.  As usual, I will write about what I feel is interesting and there is no limit to the subjects.  I won't talk about national politics or religion but that is about it.  I am sure I will offend some readers and for that I apologize in advance.
Photos by Bryce Neilson

As fall starts, we all look forward to the fall colors.  I often hear people talking about what causes the colors and their intensity.  As we all know, as the tree starts into dormancy the green chlorophyll cell start to die.  This allows the other colors in the leaf to exhibit themselves.  Depending on the leaf there will be a preponderance of carotinds which are oranges and yellow.  They are seen in carrots, squash and other fruits and vegetables.  The other is anthocyanins which are reds found in peppers, cranberries, strawberries and the like.  The combinations are endless and contrasted against the yellow aspen and green pines are something to look forward to before the whit of winter.

Bear Lake From Swan Peak.  Photo by Bryce Nielson
  
There are a lot of climatic factors that determine timing and intensity but we have the perfect combination now at Bear Lake, a sunny fall and no frost.  Kick back and relax.

Bryce 

Bear Lake through red leaves, photo by Bryce Nielson.

No comments: