Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Needles and Leaves


Tomato Blossom End Rot
By Jennifer Huefner, Bear Lake Landscape, Inc.

435 757 0940 Cell  435 946 8244 Office  jenniferbearlake@gmail.com

 
This year one of my tomatoes developed blossom end rot.  Unwilling to nurse along a tomato plant that wouldn't produce good fruit for me, I decided to do something about it.  After a little research, I learned that the most common cause of blossom end rot in tomatoes is a calcium deficiency.  This deficiency is easily corrected with a calcium supplement.  I found one called Yield Booster by Fertilome in a ready-to -use spray bottle.  I followed the bottle's instructions for application, an easy once per week spray during the cool hours of morning or evening to avoid leaf burn.  Within one week my sad looking tomato plant was significantly happier-looking!  The leaves have gone from yellowing and dry to green and lush.  The new fruit that is setting does not show signs of blossom end rot.  I'm a believer in the effectiveness of Yield Booster in helping tomatoes be healthy and happy!  If you have tomatoes that are showing signs of blossom end rot, or are just not healthy, come in to our Garden Center for a bottle of Yield Booster.  You'll like the results of this easy solution!

No comments: