Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Garden City School Board Candidate Correction

The editor put in an old response from Bryce Huefner, this is his response and Tammy Calder's response side by side.  We apologize.  Be sure to vote November 4.

BRYCE HUEFNER GARDEN CITY DISTRICT
I recognize the impact a local school board has on the education of its children.  It is a solemn duty and honor to hold such trust of the people.  As many of my friends and neighbors in the community know, I am very concerned about the education of our youth. 

There are several things I would like to work for if elected:  1) Work to keep the federal government out of our school district.  The constitution of the United States of America expressly prohibits programs like Common Core and federal school lunch programs and we shouldn't allow the federal government to have power over our lives or our childrens' lives by taking money from "them".  2)  I will work to see more input by parents, also known as constituents.  We have felt for years that the school board represents the administration and teachers not those who elected the board.  3)  I will bring some business ideas to the table that can save money and improve the education.  4)  I will be tough but fair to employees in the district.  I say tough because I will work to have the boards' benefits & pay reduced to $0 then the board can require tough changes by the administration and other employees.  I say fair because I realize people rely on equitable treatment when providing a service for pay. 

 
TAMMY CALDER GARDEN CITY SCHOOL BOARD, Candidate


Hello residents of Rich County.  For those of you who don't know me, my name is Tammy Calder (Tamalyn E. Calder on the ballot) and I am running for school board member in the Garden City precinct.  

I have served on the Rich School Board for 16 years and would love to continue to serve you and your children for another term.  There is a common theme in the political arena at this time that it is "time for change", and I couldn't agree more.  There is ample room for both change and improvement in many of our governing bodies.  With that in mind, I am asking you to re-elect me at this time because of my stability,experience, and desire to offer our children the best education possible in this ever-changing and challenging world.


I believe strongly in keeping a small-town atmosphere and work ethic in our schools, while still preparing our students to compete in a global work force. I bring a "feminine" view point to our current board that includes four male counterparts, which is important in decision making.  

I do not believe in making political promises to sway your vote.  I will tell you that I will do everything in my power to make the best choices possible in educating our children, spending our tax dollars wisely, keeping a balanced budget, and constantly monitoring policies and procedures while making changes when necessary.  I am more than happy to listen to your concerns and discuss alternatives to current methods of instruction.  

I believe our administration and teaching staff is second to none and that they truly have the best interest of educating our children foremost in their minds and in their hearts.  I have lived in 
this community since 1983 and am proud to call it "home".

 I would appreciate your vote of trust and confidence in serving you with another term on the Rich School Board.  Thank you.


Tammy Calder





No comments: