Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Monday, June 19, 2017

Pickleville Philosophy

Father's Day
By Jim Stone, The Pickleville Philosopher 

Well my day just got so awesome.  I never get tears in my eyes besides when I have to bury one of my hunting dogs.  I got a couple of tears right now.

I never had kids of my own. It’s probably something in my life that I maybe woulda regretted, but about nine years ago I met a young kid named Wyatt Hollaway.  He was just a little guy and we made friends right out of the gate.

I was guiding full time and he had a true love for hunting and fishing.  We started hunting and fishing most every day.  Wyatt is 17 now and has turned into an expert in every aspect of the outdoors. He’s a world class duck and goose caller, he can identify waterfowl of any kind a half mile away.  His black lab Barron, which he trained, loves to hunt as much as Wyatt does.

Wyatt has a true understanding for all wildlife and what it takes to not only hunt in a fair chase but also, when it’s not the season, how to protect and enhance wildlife.

Any ways Wyatt gave me this t shirt.  I realize I’m not a real dad but to me Wyatt is the son that I never had, and I’m so flipping proud of him in every way.

I’m pretty proud of my new shirt too.


Well my hats off to all the fathers, step fathers, or even just guys that step up and help introduce young men into a path that includes the wonders of the great outdoors.

Speaking for myself even though I’m not a real dad, I don’t think I could be any prouder or love a young man any more than Wyatt.


Have a very happy Father’s Day everyone.  Big smiles from me to all of you

No comments: