Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Eighteen Wheeler Philosophy

Truckin' tid bit at Tremonton, Utah
By Mel Hansen, The Eighteen Wheeler Philosopher

There's nothing that will get me blabbering faster than an idiot..and not able to think straight..than when a pretty lady comes up to me out of the blue...gives me a big hug!..and says: "Mel Hansen!!!..oh my gosh!!!... I knew it was you the second I saw you walking across the parking lot..so I had to get out my car and come give you a hug and say hello!!!...How have you been!??...it's been a long time since we went to school together! I just loved being around you!, you were so funny!!!"
FUNNY!

Funny thing is I still remember all the girls I went to high school with and she definitely wasn't one of them! Didn't really know that many girls when I went to USU.. and I remember just about all of them. Can count on one hand the number of girls I knew when I went to the trade tech in Orem...so recalling them isn't too hard!

We must've talked...well she talked almost non stop for 10 minutes..and I was trying so hard to remember this lady that if she mentioned a mutual friend we shared it sailed over my head! I was too embarrassed to ask her  "Who the Hell are you lady!??" so I just smiled the whole time...shook my head at the appropriate times...and laughed along with her!! She gave me another big hug and said how great it was to see me! Manners dictated that I said the same to her as well...having no clue who she was!

Apparently at some point in my life I made a favorable impression on this lady! (Must've caught me on a extremely good day for me to pull that off) This morning she, whom ever she is?, definitely made a good impression on me!

I'm just glad she didn't catch on to what must've been that "deer in the headlights"
look in my eyes and ask if I remembered her name!


No comments: