Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Saturday, April 6, 2019

Anne Marie Smith Burbank 1958 - 2019


Born 25 August, 1958, in Haily, Idaho. Died on 3 April 2019 in Fish Haven, Idaho.  Anne Marie Smith Burbank was raised and lived most of her life in Brigham City, Utah.  She survived major liver surgery in 2018, only to succumb to her own devices.

Anne graduated from Box Elder High School, class of 1976 with honors.  She graduated from Weber State University,class of 1979 with an Associate of Science degree in Nursing and from the University of Utah class of 1981 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing.

Anne worked in the field of Nursing and patient care from the time she was in High School.  She started her career as an RN at Brigham City Community Hospital as the emergency room coordinator in the early 80's where she received the Dr. Frist Humanitarian Award in 1983.  She ultimately excelled in the Home Care and Hospice environment in Utah and Idaho.

She served on the Good Shepherd Catholic Community Parish Council for several years and enjoyed being a Lector and Eucharistic Minister at St. Henry's Catholic Church in Brigham City and the Blessed Sacrament Church Catholic Church in Montpelier, Idaho.

After her husband's retirement, Anne and David moved from Australia to Fish Haven, Idaho to the dream cabin they designed together.  She enjoyed trave to 64 countries, living on three continents (especially enjoyed Russia), drinking a beer on all seven continents, and camping all over the western states.

At Anne's request there will be no funeral viewing.  Mass will be held in her honor at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church, Montpelier, Idaho at 11:00 on Friday 3 May, 2019.

Comments from Friends:
"Anne was one of the sweetest, kindest people I've ever met.  She's watched our home and fed the birds for us.  She cared for us and was very special to us.  We will never be the same without her in our lives.  We are devastated and absolutely heartbroken.  She will be deeply missed." Marcy Korgenski

"She was the kindest sweet person I have ever known.  She had a way of making everyone feel special.  The whole community will miss her.  She was a wonderful caring lady.  It breaks my heart that she is gone.  I will always have fond memories of her."  Larraine Schnetzer


"In one sentence I would say that whenever Anne greeted me as "my friend" I was enveloped in her warmth, sincerity, and joy." Sandi Gunderson Warner 


"Anne was a road map to leading a better life.  If you were down, she made you believe in a brighter tomorrow. If you were sick, she was the first to check in on you.  If you were bent or broken, she aided in the fix.  If you were hanging out, she made you laugh. 



Anne knew no stranger.  She was the first to see that newcomers were included.  She volunteered her “Lovey” to do chores all over this valley and engaged him in her crusade. Anne loved, laughed and cared for all! 

Anne was a friend.  I love you, I miss you, sleep with the angels.  I’m sure you are busy clearing the way for the rest of us!" Dawn Brady 

"I am so grateful to have known an earthly angel.  Anne always made everyone feel like you were her best friend.  I loved how she wanted to know your name so that she could call you by your name.   I hope that I can remember her goodness and be just like her with those I come in contact with.  Say I love you, I admire you, I cherish you, I am grateful for your friendhship and be a good listener like she was. Until we meet again sweet friend,"Donna Hansen

"It is so difficult to sum up into a few words the persona of a very special person; She became my 2nd friend here in the valley.

My friendship with Anne was instantaneous, A zumba and Yoga class were our playground. Oh the fun, the silly girl secrets, the sweat, the laughter and purposeful meditation. It was her time to let go, and to take care of her "girly side"...those were her words to me as we giggled and wiggled..

Anne's' genuine LOVE of being a caretaker of souls was unwavering. She was devoted to being true to her abilities to her patients and friends. Anne's spirit will forever be in my life.

Words that come to mind are:charismatic, gentle, authentic, genuine, purity, angel like, fun, funny, serious and of course loving . I'm sure that she no doubt has been having quite a reunion with those that she touched over the years, how awesome it must be.......no more pain. I miss her." Barbara Turnbow





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Every comment above was exactly how I feel and amazing how each of us felt the same about Ann. From the time we met in Bear Lake many years ago, she became more like a sister than just a friend. She not only embraced me and my husband, she embraced and loved my children as well and their children. My heart is still grieving and I don't know when it will end but I do know that the love she projected to all of us is such a rare commodity. We should all strive to be like her. Gpd bless you, Ann, and we'll see you on the other side. Jimmy & Sue Reese

TS said...

Although I didn't have the pleasure of knowing Anne for very long, in the 4-5 years that we did become acquainted, I found her to be a breath of fresh air. Being new to the Garden City Community and starting a new business, she and her sweet husband supported me from the beginning after a dear friend recommended them for my hair and nail services.
Her talent and willingness to serve others became very apparent and was a sight to behold. She is an inspiration to me, in how I personally could be better at serving those around me.
One of her acts of service last summer was her commitment to pick up and drop off a beautiful elderly woman every Friday so she could get her hair set for the week. While she was getting her hair done, Anne would go pick up prescriptions and any other errands like groceries for this woman. I found this to be amazing, her willingness to give her time so freely, it's. I am grateful for the opportunity to have known her, I love her and will always cherish the time we had together. I look forward to seeing her again. She will be dearly missed.
Theresa Sawyer