Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Saturday, September 5, 2020

Announcement from the Moldenhauers:

"Since the rumors are out there we might as well make it official. YES, we are building a new Mikes Market that will be 22,000 sf. and we are building a new Dans Ace Hardware that will be 18,500 sf. We are starting this fall and will be open by MAY, 2021. Also included will be a bank, Beans and Brew coffee shop, sporting goods (including guns), marine supplies, gift shop, deli, bakery, in store dining, and fuel island that will fit twelve towing vehicles."


4 comments:

NAYNDON said...

Please publish the location of this facility.

Scotty G said...

When the old seasonal “shed” next to the market was rebuilt as the current Ace Hardware building, I thought that was a huge step for Garden City, but I was sad for the feeling of isolation from the city that was lost (and I was sad about losing Vic’s Hardware). And I imagined the only espresso machine in town was at our house. Now, this development changes things even more. I suppose it was inevitable, but I’ll still miss the old market with the impossible parking situation. Although I still have the espresso machine, we sold the house just before the divorce. I miss that life almost as much as the house. Love you, Bear Lake.

Scotty G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scotty G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.