Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Eighteen Wheeler Philosophy

Action Jackson on the run!...escapee from Lockdown

By Mel Hansen, Eighteen Wheeler Philosopher


Got to worrying about my little trucking buddy going stir crazy and quite possibly becoming a Homeschool Dropout if I didn’t break him out of the The Big House! (Actually his parents were eager to parole him for a few days)

So he was happy to pack a few things and hit the road with Uncle Mel. He told me, ”I’m just glad to be out of the house!”

I’m glad to have ol Action Jackson along with me! Gives him a chance to see new territory and the greens of spring! Gives me someone to tease and chat with!

He’s a chip off his Great Grandpa & Grandpa Hansen’s shoulders! Like them, Action Jackson, has a great memory for details in telling events.

He’s a good young man!

Action Jackson is a man after my own heart. Most youngsters would want their air ride seat as high as possible. Action Jackson is like me, just enough air in the seat to keep my ask from exiting out the top of my head because of rough roads, but close to the floor.

Action Jackson has a trucking simulator on his tablet. The truck he’s driving looks just like Long Legs Lenoir. He’s got it down pat, has a bit of a problem backing up still, but he’s improving.

Could he be a future trucker!? Maybe after several hours on the simulator, hopefully some old school trucker, better than his old Uncle, would have the time and patience to fine tune him up so he wouldn’t be just a “Steering Wheel Holder.”

Ol Uncle Mel has Action Jackson busting his hump learning a trade! Made him check the fluid levels, thump and inspect the tires and brakes, look for leaks etc. Pre-trip.

Then we moseyed on over to the store and I bought him and me a Cream Soda flavored Dr. Pepper. Not bad tasting by the way!

And even though he’ll deny it, I caught him scoping out the shemale scenery.

He rode 3,500 miles in 5 days.  Action Jackson has became my ”essential” Hot Pocket consuming co-pilot! Hasn’t complained once and Lord knows I’ve given him countless opportunities!

He did have me a titch concerned of bailing out the passenger door on the narrow country back roads in Arkansas when there was a car load of Southernly lovely ladies on the side of the road...one being around his age. I hit the Jake brake and geared down to pull over so he could go up to little Miss Arkansas and say...Hey babe!

He’s seen new scenery. Hopefully learned a little and will remember a lot!We both send out a shout of thanks to Daren and Tricia for letting him learn through a windshield.

No comments: