Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Pickleville Philosophy

 By Jim Stone

I’m kind of sad. I've been dreading this day.  Me and the dogs have been on this island in Alaska for two months now and it’s been full of adventures. The people here have been some of the most amazing people. They are very kind they’ve really welcomed us guys with open arms. I had to say goodbye to my wild friend Freedom today.  So I went to town and bought him a red velvet cheesecake for a parting gift.


Freedom is a wild bird with an even more wild soul. I think that's why I named him Freedom it seems to fit him. He loved his cake, he even invited his friends to come and have some with him.

I talked it over with the dogs and we decided we are not ready to go back home yet.  We are just getting ready to get on another ferry boat and head about 200 miles from here, then we have to get off that boat and get on a smaller boat that will drop us off on another island.

Us dogs have thought a lot about this. Life is short, we don’t have much, but us dogs have decided to go on another adventure together. We’ve always wanted to pan for gold in wild places, fish wild seas, run rainbows and hunt sea ducks.

I’m pretty scared and nervous right now as we get on this boat. But it’s making me feel so alive; we are just gonna do it.  We are going in head first.  I hope this adventure doesn’t turn into a belly flop. If it does, us dogs will just climb up on the diving board and jump again. 

We are going to be on the ocean for a few days with no phone service to say hi to you guys.

Us dogs wrote a poem to share with you guys but our boat is just about ready to go.  We are on the run.  You guys keep on being amazing people, keep on sharing of yourselves to help other people. it makes us all richer than any amount of money.

No comments: