Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, December 20, 2020

Christmas Spirit Thoughts

During the Christmas season I overdose on the Hallmark Christmas Shows by viewing 2-3 almost daily.  I simply love them, even when I generally know the plot and outcome.  This year the PBS channel showed a very touching movie called “Christmas Jars.”  During the year a family would put their loose change in a quart bottle and then give it to a needy family during the Christmas Season. 

The other day I got up and while getting ready for the day, I was thinking how lucky I am to live in the Bear Lake valley.  We have had very few COVID-19 cases, our unemployment is extremely low, help wanted signs are scattered around the city, there hasn’t been any protests, riots or looting.  The Moldenhauer family is building a large shopping plaza to assist our shopping and banking needs.  What a “Wonderful World” I thought.


Later that day I went into town to get the mail and while doing that I needed to do some shopping and lo, in each of the places I went there was an Angel Tree or a Fireman’s boot asking for help to fill a child’s Christmas wish or to help the Cluff family during their crisis.


But the needs of these families don’t stop on Christmas Day!  They continue on for every day after for an unknown length of time.  So, I want to challenge each of you to keep the spirit of Christmas all year and start a Christmas Jar to help our neighbors with daily, weekly or monthly donations to your church leaders, city office, library food bank, or the Fireman boot.


I hope we all have a merry Christmas and healthy prosperous New Year, and thanks again for making this a beautiful place to live.



Randall Knight


No comments: