Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, May 16, 2021

Pickleville Philosophy

 By Jim Stone

It’s been a crazy adventure this week. I’m pretty excited right now.  I had to share my excitement with all of you guys. When I left home from Utah three months ago to come up to Alaska, I had set some really hard but neat goals to work on while I’m here. If I didn't set some goals I’d probably go fishing all the time.

My biggest goal  to try to reach was to finish writing two books. One of them is so close to my heart. My wonderful friend Al Warner was coming up here with me on this adventure but that thing we call life got in the way.  My true friend past away unexpectedly. Al always loved me to tell him the story about this big dog that got stranded while protecting his true friends high up in the mountains.

This big dog was a lot like my friend Al.  They are both lifelong, true friends with hearts bigger than the big blue sky.

While I have been here, I kept my promise to my friend.  I promised him I’d finish this book I named Legend of Big Boy. Every day I've been hear I drive to a beautiful place and sit and work on Legend of Big Boy .

Al my friend gave me an old writing desk to write on during my travels. I either write on that desk or I sit in the truck and write on an old cutting board. The cutting board is a story in itself.  When the book was about finished I got really proud about reaching a goal and also making good on a promise to my friend Al.  When starting the last chapter I got really emotional, my thoughts were about how this big dog was willing to pay the ultimate price with his life to save his friends. I got thinking about true friends and what we all mean to each other.

When the last paragraph was done in the book, something came over me and my thoughts. I think finishing this book help me get some closure to losing Al my true friend. It’s almost like I could see Al’s big smile. I just know that in spirit my friend was here pushing and guiding me to finish this story.

It’s amazing with true friends that even when we don't talk we still can communicate that we still care about our friends happiness and well-being.

All of us dogs sure hope all of you wonderful friends are doing good and staying safe. my friend Al used to always say “I’m counting my lucky stars.”  I’m stealing his words and counting my lucky stars.

Look out you guys there’s a whole bunch of shooting stars coming in the form of big smiles from all of us dogs to all of you guys.

Editor's note Legend of Big Boy can be purchased on Amazon.com

No comments: