Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, September 5, 2021

Reflections on the Journey

Ed Note:  Leslie struggles with brain chemistry issues and is sharing her amazing journey as a wonderful wife, mother, friend and colleague.

By Leslie Scott

Where do you go to find peace? I had the sweetest set up this morning!


Ryan and Holden made us a delicious breakfast, after which I was told to go sit on the deck and soak in the sun. I had my heater going, and I just took in all the Vitamin D I could. Plus, that view 

It was quiet, except for the occasional bird chirp or turkey squabble. And I just listened, to nothing! And yet, I felt nervous....... Even in the most peaceful of situations, there was very little rest for my heart.

I'm on day 2 of new medication. The old one just wasn't cutting it. I'm scared and hopeful all at the same time. Hopeful because I've been on this medicine before and it worked! Nervous because I also know what it took away. The tiny facets of myself that made me me, tend to disappear. Patience, pure joy, and easy laughter just melt away over time. But it keeps me level, no extremes. And after months of fighting.....stability is what I need while I continue to search for answers.

My heart finds peace in the words of my church leaders. I listen to them talk every morning while I get ready for the day. For months these words have echoed in my head, and I could never find them again until today.

"I do not know why we have the many trials that we have, but it is my personal feeling that the reward is so great, so eternal and everlasting, so joyful and beyond our understanding that in that day of reward, we may feel to say to our merciful, loving Father, “Was that all that was required?” I believe that if we could daily remember and recognize the depth of that love our Heavenly Father and our Savior have for us, we would be willing to do anything to be back in Their presence again, surrounded by Their love eternally. What will it matter, what we suffered here if, in the end, those trials are the very things which qualify us for eternal life and exaltation in the kingdom of God with our Father and Savior?"

-Linda S. Reeves

How glorious will be that day, when I can look back and say, "Was that all that was required?" When, in the grand scheme of eternity I can realize that this was such a short moment of my story. And I took it One Day At A Time with heaven closer than it seemed.

No comments: