Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, April 10, 2022

Bobbie Coray's tribute to Anita Weston

She loved and admired her sister Carolyn and her brother Dale who died several years ago. 

She had terrible pain from arthritis these last few years, but would readily agree to do any crazy adventure I’d suggest.

I’m going to so miss my funny, sweet sometimes caustically fun friend.  I’m feeling tender and I have tears but I’m glad that she is no longer in pain and is with so many of her beloved family. My Chris loved her too so I’m sure he is part of the group gathered to greet her!!Anita Weston, my dear dear friend and partner in crime, died this morning in Garden City. She was the key reporter for the Rich Civic Times for 10 years and before that The Rich County Times for 8 years. 

Anita also was the organist in some capacity for over 65 years in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. During that time she also inspired over a hundred piano students many who became organists on missions and in their church services. 

She earned her PhD and taught at three universities, the last being at BYU Idaho.   She retired early to take care of her beloved mother Marie. 

For years she and Marie set up the quilting for Tuesday afternoon quilting for the ladies of Garden City. Hundreds of quilts were sent to needy families and disasters all over the world because of them. 

We spent a lot of time together discussing world problems and solutions and all sorts of doctrinal topics. We also had a lot of fun together. We both loved DI shopping and once we hit every DI between Logan and Salt Lake and then every DI in Salt Lake in one day. 

She loved to read and was part of the gang who built the Garden City Library. We often shared books we loved. Usually they were books everyone else would roll their eyes at and laugh at us!  But she introduced me to the book “A Town Called Alice” we both loved. 

Anita could shoot anything with dead aim!  Which belied her gentle demeanor. And she loved Fanta orange pop in the can and junk food!  

She adored her nieces and nephews.  She told me when they were little she bought them all overalls each summer when they came to work on the farm. 

She loved and admired her sister Carolyn and her brother Dale who died several years ago. 

She had terrible pain from arthritis these last few years, but would readily agree to do any crazy adventure I’d suggest.

I’m going to so miss my funny, sweet sometimes caustically fun friend.  I’m feeling tender and I have tears but I’m glad that she is no longer in pain and is with so many of her beloved family. My Chris loved her too so I’m sure he is part of the group gathered to greet her!!

-Bobbie Coray
(Source: https://www.facebook.com/bobbie.coray/posts/10158439944685807)


No comments: