Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Look For The Helpers

As we have witnessed a horrendous tragedy in Connecticut, everyone of us is touched by the outpouring of love for those who suffer.  My daughter, Wendy, sent me a quote by Mr. Rogers.

"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." To this day, especially in times of "disaster," I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world."

I am reminded of the helpers when we see the outpouring of love for those in our own community who are struggling during these holidays.  We pray for each other and we do acts of service.  If we continue this, then the world will become a wonderful place.  Just look for and be one of the helpers.

No comments: