Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Monday, October 21, 2013

Letter From Bruce Warner, Candidate For Garden City Council

Dear Neighbor,
As you may know, I am running for city council.  If you registered to vote, you should have received a mail in ballot. Three candidates are on the ballot to fill the two open council seats.If I am elected to the city council on November 5th, here are ten principles that I pledge to observe:
1. I will review all major city ordinances; and seek to eliminate those that are out of date or not needed. I believe we should review especially those which the city residents have found to be unreasonable or onerous. 
2. I pledge to consider in all economic decisions the probable impact on the value of existing and future property rights. I will be a strong defender of property rights. However, property owners should be willing to follow reasonable guidelines  to make certain our high quality of life is maintained. I advocate providing a destination where people want to live and come to work, play and enjoy family activities. 
3. The city should strive to provide an environment where employment and business can flourish and grow. I will support improving business success. 
4.  I will be careful to let the marketplace work here in town, rather than choosing economic winners and losers.
5. I believe in holding a strict line against tax increases that might be imposed on city residents and businesses. The city council should treat city tax revenues as sacred funds, i.e., don't waste the money. I will work hard to find alternative revenue sources, other than taxes on residents, that will improve city services and recreation opportunities.
 
6. I support providing reasonable, new locations for beach access and more parking within the city.
7. I pledge to  work to foster a family friendly environment and reputation for our city in an effort to keep our visitors ones we are all proud to serve and associate with.
8. I will determine whether the cost of city water can be lowered, or allocated more fairly to water users. My background makes me especially suited to perform this task.
9. I think the safety and security of city residents is very important. I believe we should consider changes to improve law and code enforcement. I think people should have an opportunity to become aware of the rules in our city before they experience major fines and penalties. 
10.  I support gradual improvements to our city infrastructure over time to help the city be prepared for changes in population and visitor numbers. I believe in the need for long-term planning. 
I promise to listen to you and to work hard to represent the views and interests of all city residents fairly.
If you believe in the same principles, I hope you will vote for me. Without your vote I can't serve.
Thanks for your thoughtful consideration.  Please feel free to call me at 801-916-6494 or email me at warner@bwmq.com.  I would be pleased to visit you at your home or business to discuss your ideas.
 

No comments: