Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Reader's Comments on Cell Service in Bear Lake Valley

Comment:  We have AT&T as a carrier and we could not access the internet all day July 4, 5, and 6  Kept getting message no service or no connection to internet and when there is service it is very slow.  I agree more towers are needed.

Lynn Davis


Comment: I read the editorial in the Rich County times about cell phone coverage. I have a house in Fish Haven that has been spotty for AT&T cell phone use for years – but worked reasonably well.

This year it has gone from bad to worse! It was to point where if I had an emergency I would  not be able to use my phone. Text messages were even unpredictable.

I called AT&T a few weeks ago and they basically told me sorry, nothing they can do. Which I responded to them C-YA….

I called Verizon immediately after that call with AT&T and got a new Verizon phone along with reliable service. It worked great this last July 4th weekend as well. I was the only one in my family that had cell phone use on the lake and Fish Haven.

I am now going to switch the rest of my family over to Verizon so they have cell phone coverage at Bear Lake, as well as some peace of mind knowing they can get a hold of me.

Thanks 
Mark Scadden

Comment: I noticed a severe decline in cell service with AT&T in the past two to three weeks.

When I called the company they said the issue has been reported and documented.  It is because their tower is "severely degraded". She said they are currently working on it and should be back up and running in a week or two.

Before we get all huffy and puffy, let's recall when not so long ago there was NO cell service in the Bear Lake valley.

Krista Klein

Comment:   We have been having probems for almost a month with our cell service.  Most of the time when we go to use our cell phone we have no bars with EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY appearing on our phones. Also  we are getting messages when we go to Logan that were sent to us two days before  several times we were cut off during calls that we made when we had service.  Today (7/14) while I was talking with the receptionist at the Special Service District I was cut off during our conversation.  We have called AT&T several times and all they can say is they are working on it.  We need something done  We need our cell phones to work.  We're thinking about chaging to Verion if things are not corrected soon.

Karen and Richard A Droesbeke




No comments: