Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Eighteen Wheel Philosophy

Never Underestimate a 92 Year Old Farmer
By Mel Hansen, The Eighteen Wheeler Philosopher

Been laughing half the morning and all afternoon!

Visited my Dad this morning, the man is remarkable even though he's getting slower and getting harder for him to get around, he still maintains a great attitude and his wit is quicker than ever!

My brother, Glen, comes over from North Logan every Saturday to sit with him and help out...mostly just give our Dad someone to converse with. That is when Dad doesn't fall asleep in mid-sentence!

My dad
I was telling Glen about how great my pretty little wife was at shooting my Colt 45 hand gun.  She's really quite remarkable at it, just ask my brother Ken and my nephew in law Shea.

I told Glen about articles I've read that say for some reason women on the whole are statistically better shots with handguns than men are.  Now my Dad, who appeared to be asleep in his chair all the while I was telling my brother this, suddenly raised his head up, shot forth his right arm, palm up! His 92 year old hand holding still and stiff as a board.  Not a single quiver or shake!

He started moving his trigger finger in the “Come Here” gesture and said, 

"It's because a woman's hand has had more practice being sure and steady.  That's the way they hold it when they tell ya to give them all the money.”

Never seen my brother laugh that quick and hard before.  Me too!

Yup! His body may be slow, but his wit is just as quick as ever! 

No comments: