Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Monday, August 7, 2017

Eighteen Wheeler Philosophy


Buds
By Mel Hansen, The Eighteen Wheeler Philosopher

Last week a buddy I talk with frequently while out truckin, he too is a truck driver, called me at home on my days off. We try not to call each other on days off so as not to take away from family time, but sometimes it's difficult to remember if the other is home or still out on the road  My buddy forgot and called me whilst I was home, most likely he didn't forget though, just wanted to bug the hell out of me for the fun of it!

My friend cracks me up! Always makes me laugh with the stuff he comes up with! Talking with him is like watching Seinfeld, a conversation about absolutely nothing!! But funny as hell! He's quick witted, half witted mostly, but he makes me laugh!  And as a truck driver, if you're not laughing, you're angry, stressed, chucking peanut M&M's out the window at the moron drivers on the highway.

After our conversation my pretty little wife, who was listening to my end of the conversation, mostly laughing, was silent for a few moments (I thought she might be a tad upset, but shame on me for thinking so, she knows the importance of friendship) she then said to me, "I'm thankful that you have friends who think enough of you to call you up to talk, but more important, make you laugh that hard! It's fun to hear you laugh like that!  Your friends are a blessing to you."

Yesterday morning, this buddy and I finally crossed paths, after not seeing each other in almost 2 years, whilst out truckin and stopped in Big Springs, Nebraska and had breakfast together at the restaurant at the Flying J Truck Stop. It was great seeing him! Needless to say, a lot of laughter!
Yup!  My pretty little wife is correct! My friends are truly a blessing!  I greatly appreciate everyone of you.

No comments: