Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Candidates For Commission Seat B


SIM WESTON, Laketown

My name is Sim Weston, and I am campaigning for your vote to serve as a Rich County Commissioner. As a lifelong resident of this county, I have a desire to give something back. Our county has a long history of protecting and promoting agriculture and recreation as our core industries. We can and should be proud of our past. As I look to the future, I want to make sure that county resources are used in a way that will benefit the most people. I believe that local governments should ensure: public safety, sustainable infrastructure, economic growth, and efficient services. 

Some people run for public office because they have a specific agenda they want to advance. I submit to you that I am running for this office because I genuinely want to serve you--the citizens of this great community. I believe in government for the people and by the people. If elected I promise to listen to your ideas and I commit to serve the office of County Commissioner to 
the best of my ability.


PAT ARGYLE, Garden City

The reason I am running for County Commissioner is because I truly want to help all the people of our county.  We have such diversity in our County, ranging from ranching, farming, small businesses, and recreation.   The towns contained within our County all have different needs and have the right to voice their opinions and to have someone listen to them.  Some of the towns do not want to change, they like the way of life that has been there for generations.  When I go through Randolph and Woodruff my thoughts go back to moving to this County forty-three years ago.  There were more businesses then than there are now.  

It is difficult to support a family let alone hope that your children will be able to stay in the County and find a job as they get married. Garden City and Laketown are growing because of the recreation offered by our beautiful lake and mountains.  While predictions have been made that Utah will double in size in the next ten years some of those people will come our way.  It is our responsibility as stewards of this County to prepare for it and make the transition as smooth as possible.  We have to be proactive in protecting the land as well as designing our roads, waterways, and infrastructure. Change is coming will we be ready?

No comments: