Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Candidates for County Commission Seat A

Ballots for the primary elections will come out no later than June 5 for citizens of Rich County to fill out and return by mail.  They will be sent to registered Republicans only and since there are no Democratic candidates this will actually determine who will fill the two seats in the County Commission.  If you wish to register or change registration call Becky Peart at 435 793 2415 or go to https://vote.utah.gov/vote/menu/index .

BILL COX, Woodruff

My name is Bill Cox.  I’m running for Commission Seat A.  I have been a lifelong resident of Rich County. I run and operate a small cattle ranch and have provided mail delivery throughout the county for 37 years. I love Rich County and am very committed to maintaining the culture and heritage for the good citizens that reside here and make Rich County their home.

Prior to serving as a County Commissioner, I served on the Woodruff Town Planning and Zoning, Woodruff Town Council and as Assistant Fire Chief for the Woodruff Fire District.  My prior years of service helped prepare me with local government experience as I took office as a County Commissioner.

Rich County is very diverse in lifestyles that range from agriculture to recreation, and from year round residents to seasonal residents. This creates many challenges to balance the growing needs of the citizens throughout the county.  I would like the people of Rich County to know that I understand the issues we face and the opportunities before us.  I travel throughout the county daily and have the chance to talk to many of the residents about concerns and questions they have.  This gives me a great perspective of the challenges we face as individuals and families in our community. I get to see our county services in action, touching individual lives on a daily basis; your tax dollars at work. I am a property owner and a taxpayer as well. Tax dollars are important to me. I am a strong advocate for our rural county lifestyle both on a state and federal level.  I will continue to develop relationships with our state legislators and state agencies to meet the expanding need for services in our county.  I am experienced. I am committed.  I am engaged.

I have appreciated the opportunity to serve the people of Rich County and ask for your support in the upcoming election. 


JONATHAN LEE, Randolph

I’m running for county commissioner out of genuine love of our area and to bring the focus back to the residents of Rich County.

With over 9 years background in growing businesses and technology, I am able to recognize the tremendous assets the county has from the beautiful Bear Lake to our amazing farmlands. 

I will be comfortable and excited to work with the other commissioners and state and federal officers overseeing important legislative and executive decisions recognizing that these decisions impact the life of every citizen. I promise to always be focused on bettering the position of Rich County and the quality of life for its residents. 

I know there are people who have lived in Rich County for generations. Amazing families that have pioneered and settled and to this day live in the valley working the land. I also recognize that are there are new pioneers forming businesses and working hard for the future of our county. 

I believe after elected I can hit the ground running and I hope I can earn your vote. I sincerely hope that I can inspire our residents to be excited about the growth in our county while maintaining our heritage and what makes us special. 

Thank you.

No comments: