Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Eighteen Wheeler Philosophy

By Mel Hansen,  The Eighteen Wheeler Philosopher

Rambling thoughts of a bucket ass truck driver.

Yesterday I was fighting Wyoming’s notorious 60+ mph wind gusts between Laramie and Rawlins.  A 100 mile stretch known as Elk Mountain.

When the actual mountain came into my view this is what I saw.



I thought it kinda neat and took pictures to show my wife. She liked them.

As I looked at them, I couldn’t help begin to relate them to meself. There are days where everything around me is mostly all clear and sunny, maybe a few clouds here and there, but yet I at times find myself like Elk Mountain, everything is fine and in clear view...but a storm cloud covers my head and shades the rest of me. Why is it that everything around me appears to be sunny and clear, whilst I’m covered and shaded?

Do I bring that storm cloud upon myself, affecting the rest of me, because I begin to think I’m taller or stronger than others, thinking I’m more knowledgeable?  Even unable to receive from others...knowledge...and yes!...even constructive criticism? And because my thought process is clouded, I can’t see how clear and beautiful it is around me until God sends 60+ mph wind gusts to clear the cloud so I can see!

It’s okay to stand tall. We all need to! Just don’t let the clouds of whatever might be, keep you from seeing and enjoying the full view. There’s so much to see.

1 comment:

ep said...

Great story. Great picture.