Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Bear Lake Community Health Clinic Praised


Kudos To The Bear Lake Community Health Clinic And EMT
by Kathie B. Anderson

Yesterday, October 18, while I was waiting at the Bear Lake Community Health Clinic for a follow up medical issue and my flu shot, a young man was brought in for medical treatment. He had fallen from a balcony he was staining.  He thought he had broken his ribs, and was in severe pain and having difficulty breathing.  I was extremely impressed with the professionalism that I witnessed.  Physician Assistant Brittany Strong, and the nurses, Kristen Ferguson and Jennifer Earley Call, were amazing.  They did everything they could to help ease the pain of the patient.  An ambulance was called, and Life Support was contacted.  Dan Kurek, DeWayne Gifford, Andy Stokes, Kathy Hislop, Janene Kurek, Brett England, and Jamie Stokes responded immediately and were able to administer more needed help until the Air Med Helicopter arrived.  As I watched all the events take place, everyone did their respective jobs extremely well.  We are lucky to have such capable and qualified people in Garden City. 

After waiting 45 minutes while this trauma was going on, the PA and the nurses apologized for their departure and my having to wait.  I couldn’t believe they were so concerned about me, but it just shows how much we are valued as their patients.  Thank you Bear Lake Clinic, and EMT’s, for all you do.  You deserve our highest appreciation and gratitude.


No comments: