Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Pickleville Philosophy

Dogs
By Jim Stone, The Pickleville Philosopher

Well this is after the dogs went on their run for the day they look so neglected they just never have any fun.  Yah, right.   They pretty much eat, sleep, play and harass me all day this time of year.

I was kinda sad all morning; one of my Facebook friends had posted his last picture of him and his hunting dog a beautiful yellow lab. Dogs are like family and best friends all rolled into one being that being a dog. To me they are God’s foremost creatures. They must be, its is his name spelt backwards.

Spruce and Oak will be my sixth and seventh labs in my life.  I can’t ever remember crying in my life except when I lose one of my dogs.  When I take them to their resting place and get everything ready to leave them to their peace I just can’t help myself I hate to admit it but I just lose it completely.
The first story I ever wrote and the single biggest reason I still write was after I buried my dog named trooper.   He was a fine dog and the best of friends.

Well I have been thinking of my Facebook friend losing his dog today and I dug up the story about losing Trooper.   I was going to post that story but it makes my heart hurt too bad.   I just couldn’t read it.  One thing I've complained about to the big man upstairs is he didn’t create dogs to live longer.  Every time you get a puppy you have to think that chances are you will outlive them and have to face one day losing them.

Puppies are the best, to me there’s nothing like a puppy. Kids and puppies grow up while they learn together. While out of the field or in the mountains, rivers and marshes, they both see things that are pure while growing and expanding their knowledge breaking through a new horizon every single time their together.  To me kids and puppies are meant and made for each other because they not only have the strongest unconditional love for each other they gain from each other.  Puppies and kids have many failures and perhaps discouragements.  I call it the learning curve.

Kids and puppies are just growing up.  To me a failure shouldn’t be a discouragement, it’s just simply growth.  When your true friend is going through it with you it’s just one more thing that brings you even closer.  It gives you heart...heart is not found in every one.  Heart is brought about by having trust and truth leading to do well while learning together. Heart plus love is equally strong in my mind as kids and puppies.  It’s so strong it lasts longer than forever, it lasts longer and is bigger than life.

No comments: