Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Reflections on the Journey

By Leslie Scott
Ed Note:  Introducing a new columnist for RCTonline.  Leslie struggles with brain chemistry issues and is sharing her amazing journey as a wonderful wife, mother, friend and colleague.


He thinks he's silly, but it means the absolute world to me!

Ryan has turned down my bed and left me a chocolate on my pillow for the last couple of nights. And, while I don't usually eat the chocolate, it sure makes me smile!

He is my rock, my protector, my therapist, and my best friend! To say that I couldn't make it through life without him would be an understatement.

And while this COVID-19 has been such a tragedy in the lives of so many, it has been a huge blessing in mine. He has been here every day and every night. Something I haven't had for years.
We are told in the scriptures over and over again that we won't be given a trial we can't handle..... I also believe that we are given specific trials at certain times in our lives, when circumstances align in which we CAN handle them.

Can I handle crippling anxiety....YES! But I firmly believe that I can't do it alone. When things first started to fall apart, before our global pandemic, I knew I was going to have to move. I needed to be where Ryan was all the time. But then, because of things happening in the world around us, he was able to work from home. And for weeks, while I've battled demons inside, he's battled the demons outside, (aka, our children). He watches me like a hawk, makes sure I eat, and helps me battle every little storm.

And while we are slowly finding answers and solutions, I am finding peace and security in being by myself again. And when things go back to normal, I just might be strong enough to take it One Day at a Time on my own again. In a place that I love, surrounded by the people that I love.

No comments: