Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Monday, July 13, 2020

Pickleville Philosophy


By Jim Stone
The Pickleville and now Alaska Philosopher

Holy Bat man and Robin!

Nope, how about Holy Tacos?
 
Us dogs are on an adventure together. We’ve been on our way to south east Alaska for just about two weeks. It’s been a wild trip.  We’ve been living in the truck or just under the heavenly skies and stars exploring anything beautiful in our path way. I haven’t been back to Alaska in a lot of years.

Last time I was there I had my dog whose name was Bozwood. He was my true adventure buddy. We loved to spend time exploring the world together. Friends for life.

This time I've got Spruce and Oak with me.  We are friends for life too. On this trip I’ve learned a lot about things in life, and things that really don’t matter that are simply just nice and a luxury. For instance us dogs have been camping two weeks without a bathroom.  We got on this huge ship yesterday and it has a bathroom with a sit down toilet.  After going primitive in the outdoors for two weeks the bathroom was a luxury and it did get used!  My point being, our lives are pretty short and our pet’s lives are even shorter.  I’m up on the deck right now by myself and my dogs are locked in my truck on the bottom floor of the boat. I’d give up the luxury of the nice bathroom to have my dogs with me back in the outdoors.

In my opinion life isn’t about luxury, money or fame.  Life is all about adventure, being a good person, doing positive things, making and reaching above the sky and stars to accomplish our goals.  All of these things add up to memories that to me make us all richer than any amount of money ever could.

Speaking for myself when my final day comes, my mind won’t be thinking of luxuries. It will be thinking of amazing adventures with family, friends, and my dogs.

Us dogs are on this boat for a few more days then its adventure time. I’m excited. When I see land I’m gonna embarrass myself in front of a lot of people. I’m gonna jump up and yell “land, I see land, land straight ahead!  Land Ho!  Land Ho!   

You guys all be safe in this crazy world. As always spread a big smile just like the one all of us dogs are sending you guys from a boat in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Big smiles you guys.

1 comment:

John Steven Lannefeld said...

Jim - Safe travels buddy. Is this a vacation or a long term thing? Where is your final destination? We will miss you!