Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Thursday, October 23, 2014

LAKETOWN Eric Wamsley VS Dallas L. Clark

Eric Wamsley LAKETOWN SCOOL DISTRICT Candidate

This year my youngest child started kindergarten, so now we have a daughter in eighth, one in sixth, our son is in second grade, and our youngest daughter is in kindergarten. There is nothing I want more in life, than the best for them. They are my motivation. I believe we need great teachers, that are teaching for the right reasons. The reasons being the children they teach. I want to make sure this happens. And if there is a teacher that is not doing their job, then a change is needed. In my profession my pay is based on my performance. I think that it keeps me motivated to do the best that I can. I want to see our school system continue to improve and provide more opportunities for our youth and keep improving education. I think we need to focus on the student. I do believe we are blessed with some of the best teachers in the state. "Let's focus on the good, and deal with the bad as needed."
I believe that education should be the priority of the school system. And that all extracurricular activities should support this priority. I believe that after school sports should be a place to build self-esteem, teach moral character, and reinforce values taught in the classroom. And that winning is the second priority!
I believe that people who are educated are the backbone of society. It is the job of parents, teachers, civic and religious leaders to make sure that it happens correctly.
I am excited to be running for School Board and to have the opportunity to represent and serve one of the most outstanding school districts in the state. Having grown up here in Rich County and being a Graduate of Rich High School, I feel that I have a understanding of the needs of the Students in this area.

Dallas L. Clark, LAKETOWN SCHOOL DISTRICT, Candidate

My name is Dallas Clark and I am running for the Rich County School Board seat #4 (Laketown).  My wife Ane Marie and I have lived in Laketown for the last 14 years and enjoyed raising our 5 children in this community.  I believe that rural schools can provide an excellent education.  I was raised in a small school district in Washington State (21 in my graduating class) and was able to go on and receive my bachelor and doctoral degrees from the University of Utah.  I feel that the small class size and individual attention that I received in my school from dedicated teachers provided superior instruction and a desire to learn.
I have spent the last 12 years serving on the Planning and Zoning and Laketown Town Councils.  I am a business owner and understand the importance of managing money.
As a School board member I would like to see strong programs that support and develop our fantastic teachers, staff and administrators, and rigorous classes that expect the highest from our students.  These programs need to prepare our students to excel in their choice of college or vocational training.  The classes represented in the acronym “STEAM”-Science, Technology, English, Arts, and Mathematics need to be a focus.
I hope to have open and frequent communication between myself and those I represent.

No comments: