Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Monday, April 5, 2021

Eighteen Wheeler Philosophy

Eerie in Indianer

By Mel Hansen

Coming across Indiana this morning I was deathly dreading driving through Indianapolis, as I always do. I pulled out the hand wipes and wiped all my fingers, the nasty taste of the sanitizer helps keep me from gnawing on my fingernails... and prepared for the bumper to bumper crazy traffic, all the cement potholes to hell that plague that Godforsaken hell hole!


About a third of the way through Indianapolis I began to notice that traffic was surprisingly very light! No bumper to bumper traffic, very few cars and light trucks, mostly just us big rigs...and plenty of room to dodge the potholes leading to hell! I began to think I was either dreaming or in a episode of “The Twilight Zone”.

Halfway through Indianapolis there began to come over the CB radio comments from other truckers noticing the same thing I was.  One trucker even asking if we were in Indy or in another time? His question was immediately answered with a bunch of... “Shut the hell up ya dumb bastard!...before ya jinx us all! Whether in a different time or in the Twilight Zone, just be grateful for what’s happening!”

I made it through Indy in record time. Without a nasty taste of hand cleaner sanitizer in my mouth... and my fingernails still growing!

No comments: