Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Eighteen Wheeler Philosophy

 Whether you love it?…or hate it?

You cannot say it’s not beautiful.

By Mel Hanson


On this early Sunday morning I’ve watched the sun rise across some of America’s farm grounds in her Heartland. Some of the grains fields are just beginning to show what soon will be Amber. The corn fields that were just planted a few weeks ago now have stalks a foot above the ground. And with a dewy mist that I’ve been blessed see it with this morning has made it one of the most beautiful scenes I’ve seen!

As I’ve said numerous times before…the greatest perk about my job is not only seeing the vast variety of beauty America has to offer year round…but also to get to meet and talk with the vast variety of the people who live in it. 

Love it or hate it?…Yes!, there are people, in and out of the country, who choose to do one or the other…and both at the same time. 

Isn’t it great that it’s a country that allows you to make that choice?

Isn’t it even greater that it all was made possible by Citizen Soldiers? That since it’s founding the Rights and Freedoms we continue to enjoy, precariously as  they may be, or appear to be seen, from being lost are still protected by a Volunteer Armed Force. By those who more or less volunteer/choose to be in Law Enforcement or First Responders. Love or hate them?…seriously!, where would we be without them? I’ve traveled through cities recently where there’s now little to no law enforcement. They are not safe or pleasant places to be in. 

Love it or hate it?….I choose to Love it!…despite its problems!  What country in this world doesn’t have its problems? I’ve seen and associated with some great people in this nation, of all shapes color and sizes. Don’t believe everything you see and read/hear from the media…or even me! Get out and go see and find out for yourself the beauty and goodness of the country. Don’t be afraid to start a conversation with anyone. Start it with a smile on your face. You’d be surprised how disarming a smile or a friendly act of kindness is.

I was taught to Love this nation by my parents, by the members of the patriotic tiny community I grew up in, by God and my religion, and by my educational teachers in a public school. 

On this Memorial Day weekend let’s remember the true reason for the day. Sure have a great and fun day!  For it was all made possible by those who would want you to do so. 

 It’s what they fought and died for. It’s what they continue to fight, die and serve for. 

No comments: