Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Monday, April 4, 2022

Office seeker for Rich County Auditor-Justin O'Mealey Questions posed by Randall Knight

  County Clerk Auditor Questions

1. Why are you applying for the position?

I am applying for this position so I can help this county more forward and get ready for the growth that is coming. I feel it is important that we don’t fight the growth and that is a reason why I am applying for this position. Another reason is I want to advance my career and thrive in helping our county. Becky Peart has done an amazing job and I would make sure to continue her work.

2. How long have you lived in Utah and specifically Rich County?

I have lived in Rich County, Utah and Laketown for 2 years. We lived in a small town called Panaca, NV for 6 years prior to moving here.

3. What is your credentials for this position?

I ran a business with a partner and I did the invoicing and accounting with that business for a year. I have also worked as a bailiff in the courts for 2 years while working in a jail as a deputy. As I lived in Reno and worked for Coca Cola as a salesman I did invoicing and auditing for the product sold to various establishments I was in charge of.

4. What experience do you have working with county & state level agencies?

I have 7 plus years working for a state or county agency in law enforcement and youth corrections.

5. What experience do you have working with the county court system?

I have worked with the court system from the law enforcement side for 6 years. Out of the 6 years, 2 of those years I was a bailiff every week and worked with the court system.

6. What experience do you have working with the state property tax office?

I don’t have any experience working with a state property tax office but will learn the system if given the opportunity to be county clerk.

7. What are examples of your organizational skills?

An example of my organizational skills would come from when I worked in a youth facility and I was in charge of 20 kids and keeping track of their progress in the program they needed to complete in order to leave the facility and go back home. I had to keep track of their books and I was the one that would pass them off in the progressing in their booklets.

8. Are you computer literate in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, voice recorders and playback?

Yes, I know how to use these computer programs, I have taken collage classes where I have had to use these programs. I have also done trainings where I have had to use these programs and I am currently a dispatcher at the Rich County Sheriff’s Office where we are required to use many of these programs successfully.

No comments: