Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Letter To The Editor

From Joey Stocking, regarding the ambulance situation in Rich County:

 
I wish I would have known this was going to be discussed. I appreciate Randall asking these important questions. This report sounds really confusing though. The Sheriff is quoted as saying we "cannot send in an ambulance legally without that invitation" and Commissioner Cox is quoted as saying "Right now there is no legal impediment." So which is it? And does Rich EMS know what it can or cannot legally do. I am really concerned about this issue and want to help see it resolved. I am sure there is a lot I don't understand, so I want to be careful when I say that I want to see the closest EMS team respond to calls. I've tried doing some research on the Bureau of Emergency Medical Services (BEMS)website (https://health.utah.gov/ems/rulereg/).

 It states a "unit may only provide service in its specific geographical service area except as provided by R426-3-800 Aid Agreements." This brings up a few questions: What is the Rich EMS geographical service area? I am guessing it is on Ambulance Situation

No comments: