Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Bruce Warner To Run For Garden City Mayor

To The Editor:

I would appreciate it if you will place a short announcement in the Rich Civic Times.  Please announce that I plan to be a candidate for Mayor of Garden City in the upcoming election in November.
I am sending this announcement to you now because we will be heading back to China on Sunday.  We will complete our teaching assignment there in mid-July.

Because I will not be in the USA during the time for candidates to file for the office, Jennifer Huefner has agreed to circulate a petition to place my name on the ballot.  I ask that city residents, who would like to support me, contact Jennifer to sign the petition.  To be able to run, I will need 25 signatures.

As you probably recall, I was on the Garden City Town Council before we went to China.

My background includes being a CPA, an energy industry regulatory consultant for a Washington, DC consulting firm, and a real estate investor.  I have worked in both large and small businesses throughout my working life.  My wife, Kathryn, and I have six children and 14 grandchildren.  We love Garden City and the wonderful people who live in this area.  We have been full time city residents for the past 5 years. 

I am a compassionate conservative.   I would like to serve the City to assure that it remains the wonderful place it now is for individuals and families.  I will work hard to ensure potential negative impacts of growth are minimized, the environment is protected and the cost of government remains affordable to City residents. I do not seek to further my own personal business interests while I serve.  (Most of my clients live out of this area.)

Thank you,


Bruce Warner, CPA
Bruce Warner e-mail: brucewcpa@ya
hoo.com

No comments: