Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Pickleville Philosophy

By Jim Stone, The Pickleville Philosopher

I’m on a really strict budget. I only could spend $20  today to stay within my budget. The thing is I needed something nice to have for dinner. I got to thinking that I could put ten dollars in gas in my truck and go to the grocery store and have another ten dollars to spend on dinner, which wouldn’t buy a very good dinner, maybe some Top Raman and a loaf of bread.

So I got thinking, “How about putting ten dollars in gas and go shopping in mother nature’s grocery store?”

Not only can I find a nice dinner, I get to see, like a movie, all the beauty that mother nature has to offer while she shows off all of her sheer beauty. I also get a free workout without joining a gym, and I’ll save ten dollars to spend another day.

Well, Mother Nature’s shelves were full to the rim of the freshest foods in the world. I found a limit of four wild ruffled grouse, three kinds of wild plums, two kinds of wild berries and some wild pears. These groceries would have probably cost a bunch of money in a normal grocery store.

What a blessing mother nature is.  She provides the most amazing foods to nourish and strengthen our bodies.

Yum, I’m getting hungry.  The only thing I've got to be careful of now is not to get an $80 speeding ticket on my way home to cook and prepare a delicious dinner fresh from Mother Nature’s grocery store. Big smiles heading to all of you guys from me.

No comments: