Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Pickleville Philosophy

By Jim Stone


It’s been one of those emotional days. I got an email that my new book has gone live.  I don't even have a copy of it yet but when I read the email I was
overwhelmed. The promise I had made to my friend Allen to finish this dog story that he loved me to tell him before he passed away just came to life.

I drove down to the river where I have spent the last four months working on this dog story, then walked down to the water looking up past the sky into heaven and yelled “we did it Allen, we did it man! The story you loved is done! We did it my friend.”

It wasn't tears of sorrow coming from my eyes, it was tears of joy. It’s been a big challenge to be here on this island living in my truck in such a wild place.  Life is funny.  Sometimes it seems like we all take a few steps forward, than bam life knocks us all back 10 steps.  It’s kind of been like this since us dogs have been chasing goals to reach what was kind of just a dream to begin with.  Us dogs decided to not let getting knocked backwards interfere with something that has been driven by our hearts.  Sometimes when we all get knocked backwards we just need to get back up and take even a half step forward.  Then a full step, then 2 or 3 more, before long we all have made up the 10 steps we got set back and we are all moving forward again.

I’m really proud of this book.  I hope if any of you guys get the book that you like the story of big boy.  He was one of the most amazing dogs.  He was a true friend just like my friend Allen was.  The book just came out on Amazon on eBooks and Kindle.  

I’m not a very good salesman.   Writing this story was more about amazing friends that do even more amazing things.  Us dogs hope you guys are all doing good and staying warm and safe.   I feel really blessed right now to have such wonderful friends.  For the last 6 months my excitement to share this fun story has been pretty overwhelming.  It’s been a driving force to keep pushing forward the best that I can. Great big smiles from all of us dogs to all of you guys.


4 comments:

Jackilou said...

Jim, thank you for this amazing story. I have to say I envy your moxie, to do what you’re doing, living the life we all wished we could live. God Bless you and keep you safe. It’s truly a blessing to know you. ❤️

Unknown said...

Thats so nice ove you thank you so mutch. Its been a crazy adventure up hear .but its been prety neet.i hope all you guys are doing awsome and staying warm and safe big smiles from all ove us dogs two all ove you guys

Unknown said...

Jim, your story of Big Boy is excellent and gets better toward the end. You have a really neat gift of story telling with a fresh point of view. Your love for God and the natural world is evident and complimentary. Who can look at the things you've seen as a guide and full time outdoorsman and not know inside that all these things were created by a loving God and not by some big bang or a gaggle of lesser gods. Your real gift to us is yourself. Those who know you know that. Please keep writing and telling us your stories my friend. Don't be scarce! :-) Glen & Rose Holt, on an Island in Alaska

Unknown said...

Thank you so mutch .you guys are sutch amazing people and friends two me and the dogs .I shure feel blest two have met bolth ove you .and ime thankfull two be one ove youre friends .ime looking forward two seeing you guys and going fishing this year .thanks again you guys ile catch up two you soon .have a safe blesd day 💗