Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Letter To The Editor


21 Jan 2016
To the Mayor and City Council:

I appreciate all the work the Mayor and City Council do for the citizens of Garden City. I however disapprove of spending "any" of our tax payer's money for the proposal of building a "Community Recreation Center". The project is "non-essential" and will only cause unnecessary hardships for tax payers that are already on a fixed income. These people cannot afford a tax increase. It is also not fair for the people for this community who don't want and won't be using this facility to have to pay for what I consider an "extravagant" purchase.

I also oppose of the suggestion of hiring John Candalls firm for $5,000.00 to quote, "get things moving toward getting the recreation center project moving forward", unquote. I feel this decision to be a "misjudgment" on the part of the Mayor and City Council to assume that the majority of Garden City residents want this facility. To spend "any" money for it's "moving forward" I would consider a major "mistrust of use" of what I consider "sacred" community taxes. I hereby request for myself and for those against this project a "Cease and Desist" for the recreation center proposal and instead to use that $5,000.00 more responsibly to help finish some other on­ going, unfinished and "necessary" project. This includes city road side weed control that has been neglected, (at least in Buttercup), which was an agreement by the city after the city took over Buttercup roads.

I thank you for your time and again for your service to our community!

Sincerely,

Dave Cook Box 156 Garden City

No comments: