Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Monday, June 25, 2018

Pickleville Philosophy

Judging
By Jim Stone, The Pickleville Philosopher

Well, I’ve been working on another book, its name is Success with No Money. Below the headline, it reads "Never Judge a Book by Its Cover."

When my sister Susie and I were just kids, mom would take us to a fun park in the winter to go swimming and play at the natural hot springs, Lava Hot Springs, in south east IIdaho. I still go there every year. There is something about that natural hot water that just heals a lot of things that ail you.  It seems to just do you good.

My sister and I were little kids and we watched an older gentleman siting on a bench all alone. Susie and I were swimming and having a blast . We kept going from the hot pool to the cold pool and kept passing by this man. He just looked so sad .  Susie and I  thought he was like a homeless man.  We only had a few dollars between us and we were lucky to have such a wonderful mom that she could afford to take us to Lava for the day. 

Anyways we left and went to spend our combined money and got him a bowl of hot soup and some snacks.

When we got back he was still there. We kinda judged him and were just trying to help him with what we had to help with.  We introduced ourselves to him and gave him the nice things we had for him.  He was such a kind man; he was probably in his mid-80s. I can’t remember his name but I bet my awesome sister does.  Anyways me and Susie had kinda judged this man buy how we perceived him.
A few months later we got a big package each in the mail.  I opened mine and it was a handmade porcelain chess set it was all hand made even the chess board.  My sister opened her box and it was a handmade porcelain doll.  So come to find out that old man was a multi- millionaire.  I think he was from Germany but had travelled to sit in the hot water at Lava Hot Springs, Idaho.   I was so young at that point in my life, but I learned a huge lesson;  don’t ever judge a book or a person or pet buy its cover.


To me when you have success with no money it comes back ten times or a hundred times. I’m kinda stoked up to get this story done. If any of you guys have a story about success with not much money send it to me we could do a nice story and put it in the little book.

No comments: