I left Bear Lake early that morning, before it was even light, to attend some training at Flaming Gorge Reservoir in Dutch John, UT. I distinctly remember I had just come into Manila, UT on state route 43 and stopped at the stop sign in Manila and made the right hand turn (south onto state route 44) and was listening to an AM radio news station when they broke the news that an airplane crashed into the World Trade Center. I pulled over on the side off the road and listened to the report. I then continued on toward Dutch John. Just before crossing Flaming Gorge Dam, I again heard another announcement that a second plane struck the second World Trade Center building. Needless to say, the rest of the day our group kept listening in for more news, etc. I will never forget that exact location where I first heard the news and every time I pass by that spot, I remember it like it was yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment