Contribute news or contact us by sending an email to: RCTonline@gmail.com

Monday, July 30, 2018

Pickleville Philosophy

Angels Floating
By Jim Stone, The Pickleville Philosopher

I have to share a story with you guys.  I think some kind of higher power has been almost like guiding this story.  There have just been too many coincidences.  Earlier, this little book was

completely done.  It was heading to go to production. I was just getting ready to give the approval to the publisher when from out of the blue the story got helpfully intervened by the family whose son was the inspiration that will soon bring a wonderful story to life.

The boy’s family’s memories of Dillen will live forever in this story of a living angel who walked on this earth for only a short time. While he was here he inspired many, many people including me.  It’s like Dillen, even though he’s gone to heaven, he is still here wanting this story to come to life.

So that was the first coincidence, then yesterday the publisher sent the cover of the book in an email.  Within ten minutes of receiving it something else happened that just blew me almost right off my feet.

I had a little girl maybe 7 or 8 years old come in the store. She stood on the other side of the counter and just stared at my t-shirt.  The t-shirt has the cover of the book printed on it.

“Can I help you, young lady?  Are you doing ok? I asked.

The little girl said. “Are you Jim?”

“Yes,” I replied, and asked her what her name was.

She replied, not with her name, she pointed at my t-shirt.  “That’s my brother; he would be 16 years old this year if he was still here.”

“I loved my brother Dillen,” she said.  I miss him so much.”

Oh my gosh!  I got hit by a lightning bolt that pierced my heart.  I had to walk into the back room for a few seconds to regain my composure.  When I returned, the little girl was gone.  I’m starting to believe that Dillen wants his whole family to be a part of Sometimes Just Fly Away, a story that was inspired guided, and brought forth by a true angel while living on earth and living in spirit while floating doing what angels do.

Well, here’s the cover of the story that will be in production next week. I believe Dillen has made this story come to life.  He’s been there since day one when I had the privilege to meet him to this day when I got to meet his little sister and see this story taking life.  I’m shaking right now while writing this post to share with you guys.


Sending a big smile to all of you guys from me.  Have an amazing day. 

No comments: